Sunday, February 1, 2009

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence

Like James Cameron's Titanic or Spielberg's Schindler's List, Spielberg's thought-provoking film about an intelligent robot-child's quest to become a "real" boy is unprecedented in cinematic style and hence unlike any movie I ever saw before.

The chills and the effect the film had in reaching down to the very depths of my emotional being is testimony to the unique pole that this film deserves to stand on.

Whatever controversies the film stirred, it is the juxtaposition of optimism and pessimism, and of hope and doom, and the engaging pace and unexpected twists in the plot that bring about this unique effect on me.

Haley Joel Osment's performance as David, the robot who seeks to become a real boy in Pinocchio-esque story-telling, is one of the best I've ever seen literally on celluloid.

REVIEW BY HILATH

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence on IMDB.com

No comments: